Eaton ID – Corporate Identity on product level
Eaton had the problem that its products had no recognizable corporate identity whatsoever. Is it possible to create a corporate identity in products with very different functionalities and construction?
By selecting a format of 6 prescribed styles, it was possible to create a sound corporate identity that fits with the existing graphical corporate identity in terms of design and also fits with values such as high tech, reliability and quality.
The 6 prescribed styles establish how to deal with:
- The choice of color combinations, materials and textures
- General styles and typeface options
- The application of box borders
- Grouping of functions
- Typically defined form for borders
- Typography of logo and its placement
Due to the great variety of products, it is not always possible to apply all 6 styles. Despite this, the result is such that a clear, recognizable style has been created.